Senior Development Coordinator
About New America: New America is a think tank and civic enterprise committed to renewing American politics, prosperity, and purpose in the Digital Age. We generate big ideas, bridge the gap between technology and policy, and curate broad public conversation. Structurally, we combine the best of a policy research institute, technology laboratory, public forum, media platform, and a venture capital fund for ideas. We are a distinctive community of thinkers, writers, researchers, technologists, and community activists who believe deeply in the possibility of American renewal. With offices in Washington, DC, Chicago and Oakland, CA, New America currently has over 150 staff members and fellows.
Primary function: Senior Development Coordinator handles administrative and operational functions and other projects to support New America’s development, fundraising and board activities.
- Manage Salesforce (SF) database. Update records and conduct additional research as needed to complete records.
- Assist with corporate engagement strategy through research and event support
- Assist with national and regional foundation research for organization, program and initiative level opportunities.
- Assist with individual donor solicitation groups--merge letters, gather enclosures, assemble packets, etc.
- Work in coordination with the Executive Office to manage planning and execution of all board meetings and board committee meetings including but not limited to drafting and collecting necessary documents and materials, and fundraising and financial reports.
- Serve as the primary contact for all New America board related scheduling, meeting planning, coordination of bi-annual board meetings as well as other necessary board committee meetings that happen throughout the year.
- Liaison between New America’s Executive Office, Development department and board members to ensure effective communication and collaboration.
- Coordinate preparation for fundraising trips by front line fundraisers, President, CEO and additional New America staff.
- Draft emails, letters and other communication to donors.
- Track incoming payments and reconcile revenue records on a regular basis.
- Manage the flow of acknowledgement letters to donors.
- Manage the Development team calendar.
- Provide logistical support for development events.
- Manage organization’s ‘Charitable Solicitation Registrations’ (CSR).
- Other administrative tasks as required to ensure the team and New America’s success.
Requirements and qualifications:
- Graduate of a college or university or possessing relevant professional experience;
- An interest in fundraising, non-profit management, and/or business administration in a public policy setting
- Work or internship experience in an office setting or another non-profit preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Excel, and Google Docs
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and good time management skills
- Experience monitoring and managing calendars and scheduling meetings across departments and programs
- Possess high integrity and an ability to interact professionally with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience with Salesforce and data maintenance
- S/he should be a self-starter with a positive attitude who can take on projects with minimal supervision
- Experience with fundraising preferred
- Thrives as a team member in a fast-paced, high-energy environment
- Experience interacting with high-profile individuals
- May need to work (some) evenings and weekends and be capable of planning and managing independent travel
Location: This position is based in New America’s Washington, DC office (hybrid mode)
To Apply: Please submit a resume and cover letter. Applications without cover letters will not be considered. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Compensation and Benefits:
Salary and benefits: The salary range for this position is $62,000-$68,000 depending on experience and demonstrated competencies.
Our compensation packages include generous health and retirement benefits and paid time off, hybrid work arrangement, including 20 days in your first year of employment, summer and wellness Fridays, and office-wide closure between Christmas Eve and New Year’s Day.
New America mandates that employees are vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, subject to reasonable accommodation as required by law and any other applicable law.
Please no phone calls and no emails
New America is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce at all levels of the organization thereby creating a culture that allows us to better serve our clientele, our employees and our communities. We value and encourage the contributions of our employees and strive to create an environment where everyone can reach their full potential and drive outstanding results. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits, and termination.