The Fellows Program at New America is seeking an enthusiastic, motivated individual for a part-time or full-time (based on availability) remote communications-focused internship beginning in early June 2021.
New America’s Fellows Program invests in thinkers—journalists, scholars, filmmakers, and public policy analysts—who generate big, bold ideas that have an impact and spark new conversations about the most pressing issues of our day. Current National Fellows work on a wide range of topics, including international security, global migration, and school choice.
Visit www.newamerica.org/fellows to learn more about the Fellows Program.
- Support the Fellows Program staff with general communication tasks (both internal and external) related to the Fellows Program that includes:
- Support the content development for the monthly e-newsletter that includes: tracking and assessing previous e-newsletter citations and proposals for new content based on the Fellows’ work.
- Prepare the first draft of the monthly e-newsletter that compiles all Fellows-related program activities and published work for any given month.
- Please visit https://www.newamerica.org/fellows/our-blog/newsletter-fifth-draft/ to see previous versions of the newsletter.
- Preparing and posting both scheduled and real-time tweets to the Fellows Program Twitter account. Preparing and posting content to LinkedIn.
- Creating social media collateral including Twitter cards and images for LinkedIn
- Support activities related to the Class of 2022 announcement:
- Proofread and edit bios for the Class.
- Support the twitter announcement campaign.
- Prepare other materials as needed related to the announcement; briefing memos, etc.
- Support the Fellows and staff to plan and then execute both internal and external events for Fellows (drafting event invitation, creating relevant social collateral, posting to event listings).
- Update the website to capture/track the work published by the Fellows:
- Day-to-day managing, updating and administering the Fellows Program page on the site; editing, proofreading, and posting content.
- Update the project database that tracks completed projects and notable awards; ad-hoc assistance with Fellows Program monitoring and evaluation.
- Complete other tasks as directed by the Senior Program Associate.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Excellent writing, proofreading, and copy editing skills.
- High attention to detail is a must.
- Extensive experience preparing content for e-newsletters.
- Basic graphic design skills.
- Experience or interest in website editing.
- Experience supporting events.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize work and manage their time in order to meet multiple deadlines.
Interested candidates should submit the following materials by COB Friday, April 23, 2020.
- Resume (no longer than two pages)
- One-page cover letter
- Writing and graphic design samples (no longer than six pages for the samples)
No phone calls, please.
New America is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce at all levels of the organization thereby creating a culture that allows us to better serve our mission, our employees, and our communities. We value and encourage the contributions of our employees and strive to create an environment where everyone can reach their full potential and drive outstanding results. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits, and termination.